Changes in Programing Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
In accordance with the Center for Disease Control's latest guidelines regarding the COVID-19 virus, Mercy Medical Center's Childbirth Education Department will be offering all classes virtually at this time. Please sign up for classes through Eventbrite. If the time for your class comes, and Mercy is still not allowing live classes, you will receive the class materials in the mail a week before class. You will also receive a 50% refund through Eventbrite and an e-mail invitation to our Virtual Class.
If you have questions regarding delivery at Mercy, please call the Childbirth Education Office at 410-332-9604.
Expectant Parent Resources
General InformationMercy offers a variety of classes as a resource for new parents as well as tours of our facilities. Please note: class and tour availability is subject to change and may be impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Tours of the Labor and Delivery and Mother-Baby Units at Mercy
- Childbirth Education Class
- Infant Care Class
- Breastfeeding Class
- Big Brother / Big Sister Class
- Mother's Support Group
Class Registration: Pre-registration is required and available online.
Contact Information: 410-332-9604 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment: To ensure your place in classes, payment will be collected upon registration through Eventbrite via credit card.
- Prior to registration, please call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card and inquire about prepayment or reimbursement for classes. Most insurance companies will provide reimbursement for the classes and some will prepay for the classes. Our education coordinator will be happy to provide you with assistance.
- Classes have a minimum and maximum attendance requirement. If the minimum attendance is not reached, the class will not take place.
- Inclement weather policy: classes may be canceled if Baltimore City Schools are canceled. You may check the website for more information. If class is canceled, you will be contacted by the coordinator.
- If you or your partner are an employee of Mercy, please do not register online - contact the Childbirth Education office directly.